RAFT Open Access Journals follows a double-blind peer review process to allow unbiased evaluation of the manuscripts and to avoid any previous or further conflicts. Peer review is a crucial process in Publication sector that allows a common process to evaluate manuscripts quality and scientific validity submitted to a journal by related research experts. This workflow is usually structured by Editor assigned to the particular manuscript. The evaluation and review comment generated from peer review present authors with advice to perk up their work and, significantly, allows the editor to re-evaluate the paper's aptness and significance for publication in the journal.
Peer-Review Process followed at RAFT
A step-by-step flow of RAFT peer-review process is as follows:
1. Author submit the paper (referred to the manuscript).
2. Preliminary Review submitted manuscript must go through a preliminary review. Where the appropriateness of the article including research scope within the journal to which it is submitted, quality, format, language, authorship and other information is checked.
- These rapid checks do not take more than three business days.
- Rejected submissions are then removed from our database and authors are informed about the reason for rejection of their manuscript.
- For preliminaries approved manuscript, editorial office approves the manuscript to make it Open Access Submission (OAS).
3. Editor-in-Chief (EIC) of the journal receives the manuscript that has passed preliminary review.
4. EIC assigns the manuscript to at least one or more co-editors who have the ability to evaluate the technical aspects of the paper fully and fairly.
5. Co-editor then invites referees to evaluate the technical quality of the scientific research presented in the paper.
6. When at least two (2) reviews are received from referees, co-editor evaluates the reviews and submits the final decision and comments to EIC.
7. Based on the review comments and final decisions made by co-editors, EIC then makes the final decision of acceptance/rejection of the manuscript.
8. All rejected manuscripts are then permanently closed and authors are informed about the decision.
9. For accepted papers, authors are then asked to revise manuscript according to reviewer's comments and submit the final version within the given time frame.
10. All final submitted papers are published on www.raftpubs.com as soon as they become ready after typesetting and proof-reading as Open Access Publications (OAP).